Or maybe your doctor just shot whatever came into their mouth out; small, medium, massive. I wish our doctors would join the scientific community at some time in the next 50 years.
With that level of nonusefulness how do you think your therapists can help you at all? I know they say they work with the deficits as presented. I think a much better way would be to look at the damage and actually use defined stroke protocols that have been proven to work on such damage.
Another reason why our medical staff should never say 'All strokes are different, all stroke recoveries are different'.
Example: You can't lift your arm above your head.
1. Is that because your motor cortex area is partially damaged?
2. Is that because your pre-motor cortex is partially damaged?
3. Is that because your executive control is partially damaged?
4. Is that because your motor cortex area is dead?
5. Is that because your pre-motor cortex is dead?
6. Is that because your executive control is dead?
7. Is that because your white matter used for sending signals to various areas is damaged?
8. Is that because your white matter used for sending signals to various areas is dead?
9. Is that because spasticity is stopping you from lifting your arm?
You can't tell me that all 9 possibilities have the exact same protocol to recover with.