Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Coffee cup stroke compensation

On Sunday night at the main stage it was cold and rainy, mid 50's. Besides a bathroom break I needed something warm and it was going to be coffee. The vendor didn't have a four pack carrier and I needed to get at least 3 coffees back to my friends. I'm wearing a supplex nylon long sleeve shirt with two bellows style pockets. I add cream and snap on the lids.
Notice the nice drinking hole. I put a cup in each pocket and manage to do that without ripping the lid off.I set off for the main stage seating with one cup in hand and trying to walk very smoothly. In about 30 yards my action of walking has swirled the coffee up thru the hole and down my pocket. Luckily the time it took for me to add cream and do all this preparation had cooled down the coffee to tolerable heat on my chest. I probably dumped a 1/4 cup of coffee out of each cup on the way there. Bret was able to pull the coffee cups out of the pockets without spilling all over me.
Much rehabilitation walking work is still needed for me to smooth out my walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment