Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Groundbreaking marijuana study canceled

Have at it, and let the University of Arizona know they need to support full legalization of marijuana.
Why it should be legalized so survivors can benefit;
13 reasons to use it post-stroke.


The University of Arizona fired Dr. Suzanne Sisley rather than let her study how medical marijuana can help veterans like me. Help me get her job back.

 
dean -
Doctor Suzanne Sisley is an amazing woman -- she's the only doctor in the country who has federal permission to conduct research on how medical marijuana can help veterans. Her study was supposed to be housed at the University of Arizona, but rather than let her conduct it, the university fired her with no explanation whatsoever. As an Iraq veteran and an Arizona alum, I'm fighting to help Doc Sisley get her job back so she can continue her groundbreaking research to help veterans.
I know firsthand how important Doc Sisley's work is, because I had severe PTSD when I came home from my tour of duty in Iraq. I experienced insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and fits of rage. My doctors tried for years to cure my PTSD, gave me every pill they could think of. Nothing worked, until 2010, when I started using medical marijuana. 
I wish you could see how much medical marijuana changed my life, made it possible for me to do simple things like get some sleep at night. It gave me so much pride and hope that Doc Sisley was going to do research at my alma mater to bring this miracle to other veterans like me.
This isn't just a matter of one woman losing her job unfairly. Doc Sisley's study could be a matter of life or death for many veterans. Our veterans are committing suicide at an astonishing rate: 22 every single day. Medical marijuana is one of the most promising avenues of treatment for these at-risk veterans, and Doc Sisley's study could make the difference in getting that treatment to those who need it the most.
Our veterans risk their lives overseas. The least we can do for them is provide them with the best care possible when they come home.
The good news is that petitions really work in cases of unfair teacher firings. Already this year, two teachers have gotten their jobs back after petitions supporting them took off on Change.org. I know that if enough people sign my petition, we can help Doc Sisley, too.
Thank you,
Ricardo Pereyda
United States Army VeteranTucson, Arizona

1 comment: