Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

1 million views of this blog

I started this back in August, 2010. My first post was  
What my doctor should have told me about stroke recovery
I started out arrogant and progressively became more so and angrier and angrier. Something Peter Levine said to me catalyzed the need to start blogging. At first I thought the answers on recovery were out there somewhere and all I needed to do was to find and publish them. I spent years on stroke forums and never really found any answers and what I wanted to ask about nobody knew the answers. It quickly became obvious there are no answers to stroke recovery. The blog morphed into pointing out  all the research that currently exists and if we had a strategy to follow up on that research and make it translational we could save trillions of neurons each day and massively reduce disability from stroke.. I have not succeeded in getting any changes to the medical stroke world. But I have just begun to fight.

I started out with 10-20 posts a month, now it is a bad month if I don't post at least 150.  I think my best day was 25 posts.

I look at three different ways to influence and change the stroke medical world.
1. Create and be recognized as the thought leader of that great stroke association. Top down.
2. Give the information needed to survivors to push their doctors to create translational research. Bottom up. With 10 million survivors worldwide each year the voices from here could be deafening and promote massive change quickly.
3. Have the stroke doctors influence their organizations (ASA,NSA,WSO) to research and solve all the problems. This is not worth trying anymore, a complete failure for the past 40 years.
The first two are valid and I'm working on both at the same time.

Important posts you should know about:

Stroke risk reduction ideas

13 reasons for marijuana with stroke

Dementia prevention 19 ways 

17 stroke diagnosis possibilities

31 hyperacute - first week possibilities 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dean. I cited your blog in my 2nd edition of My Last Degree: A Therapist Goes Home After a Stroke. You perform am important service for the stroke community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have succeeded YET in making any changes to the medical stroke world, but you've very much succeeded at getting a whole bunch of people that are willing and wanting to back you. One thing at a time I guess.

    ReplyDelete