Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Walking in the woods at night

Tonight I needed 4,000 steps to get to 10,000 so after dark I decided that the standard walking on sidewalks was way too easy so I strapped on my headlamp and headed out on the single track trails. Since the light lit up the trail 5-6 feet in front of me by the time I was planting my feet they were in the dark. Great for proprioception.  I kept up the normal pace I do in daylight, 15-1600 steps every 15 minutes.  This got a little hairy a few times when walking on frozen muddy areas. Kicked up two groups of deer and heard them crashing thru the woods. Made it 3/4s of the way around before I tripped on a tree root with my bad left foot and crashed directly on my left knee. Hobbled out and finished up the last 2,000 steps on sidewalks. Got in 6,000 steps in 90 minutes. Don't even consider doing this, I'm crazy and will eventually damage myself from some of my rehabilitation ideas

3 comments:

  1. Your goal is to walk 10,000 steps/day? I got a Fitbit for Christmas (the only pedometer that accurately - or close enough - counts my steps), and I do only about 3k/day. I guess I'll up my goal. Sadly, it doesn't track my time in the pool, the place I spend 3 hours/week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother is very concerned about these antics of yours Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well I'm concerned about people being concerned about me. I get told I drink too much, not enough sleep, arrogance. From reading Tiny Buddha, it is all about me, me, me.

      Delete